Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A benefit to homeschooling - the flexibility

Last week I asked my youngest daughter what she liked about homeschooling.  She said "Going your own pace."

Today I asked my oldest daughter what she liked about homeschooling.  My oldest daughter is seventeen.  She has never taken a class at a public school.  She is now in her senior year taking a full load of classes while also taking three classes at two of the local community colleges.

She focused on one main benefit to homeschooling: The flexibility.  She likes being able to work through the material in an order of her choosing.  She also likes being able to choose her learning environment.  She likes being able to work in the living room, kitchen or upstairs, depending on her mood.

She tossed in a second benefit to homeschool.  She likes being a little weird.  (I don't know where that came from.  :-)  )

read more ..

No comments:

Post a Comment