Thursday, March 18, 2010

Carnival of Homeschooling, Celebrating Life

~ In Memory of Precious Little Wren ~

I was all set to do a St. Patrick's Day themed carnival, but the events of the week have changed my mind. As I am on the other side of raising my kids, I am so thankful to have had the privilege of raising them and more so to be actively involved in the lives of my grandchildren. We take so much for granted, especially life itself.

A week ago today, a precious little baby boy was born to my son's boss and his wife, their first born child. A mere 6 hours later, sweet little Wren breathed his last breath. We don't know why. My heart breaks for this young couple. It was hard on my son and his wife to attend the services, especially since they're expecting a baby too.

As we mourn the loss of precious little Wren, whom we never met, we reflect on our own precious children and grandchildren. I am so thankful for each and every one of them. I can't imagine life without them. I've invited them to tag along to the carnival so you can meet them. As you meet my grandchildren today, I encourage you to take a moment and reflect on the precious children in your life. Leave a comment and share what's special about each of your children.

Meet the Huy Family

My oldest daughter, Julee is married to Tony Huy. They have 5 children and are expecting their 6th next month, another girl to be named Hosanna.

Our first stop at the carnival is to Boarding in Bedlam. In The Carnival of Anti-homeschooling, Arby takes a look at what non-homeschoolers have to say about our practice.

As home educators, we sometimes fall into the trap of thinking that we are not providing everything that our children really "need". Tiana Krenz reflects on What Kids Really Need posted at God Made, Home Grown.

In Chronicle of a Struggling Learner, Carrie of The Homeschool Regel outlines the reasons one mom opted for homeschooling and how she hopes to approach it with her struggling learner.

Meet Timothy, age 11: Timothy is my oldest grandchild. He's very smart and strong in Math like his father. He loves to play video games, ride his skateboard, and get away with whatever he can.

Alasandra presents Homeschool Report Finds: 80% were homeschooling for non-religious reasons posted at Alasandra's Homeschool Blog. She says, "A poorly written and researched AP article Top Homeschool Text Dismiss Evolution spread across the Internet like wildfire bringing the anti-homeschoolers out in droves." Read more...

Carnival of Homeschooling, Celebrating Life originally appeared on About.com Homeschooling on Tuesday, March 16th, 2010 at 05:20:31.

Permalink | Comment | Email this

read more ..

No comments:

Post a Comment